Competing Childhood Stories – Part 2

Competing Childhood Stories – Part 2

When re-reading my story of competing stories I prefer my story about my university experience. I think that it was such an important turning my point in my life. Although my elementary experience was very important to me, it’s hard to think back and compare that to how I feel about where I am in my education today. This point in my life was very important in the change that I wanted to make. I found something in school that interested me enough to finish a degree in. When I first came to Thompson Rivers University I thought I knew what I wanted, yet I quickly realized that it really wasn’t something I was interested in. Yet because of one single professor my whole world has been shifted. I know feel like I know where I want to take my degree and couldn’t have been happier about the decision I made. I think other people’s stories have completely influenced my story, especially my parents. Neither of my parents had the opportunity to go to university. So for them my education is a very valuable thing. They have always pushed me to do the best in school, and nothing changed once I entered university. Although they pushed me hard every day, they supported me when I was feeling lost in the wrong program. I thought when I was making this decision, I was throwing away everything I had worked for the past two years. Yet that wasn’t the case. My parents supported me in every decision I made and it is because of them I am finally where I want to be. I believe I am going to use my I think I am going to use the first version of my paper for my ePortfolio. I think that is the rawest data that I have for my story, re-reading it gives me better insight into the way I was looking at these events, but I think it’s important to understand a talk about how I felt the first time writing this story. I want to use everything we have learnt in this class along with all the elements of my research paper to demonstrate my story and my research to the audience. I have chosen this particular topic to write about because of the past, and the people that have influenced my learning in different ways. I want to be able to relate the concepts and terms I have learned in my history course back to all my sociology courses.